- About Service Units
- Activity Finder
- Adult Learning (training)
- Adult Recognition
- Become a Volunteer
- Event Insurance
- Girl Scouts Thrive!
- Leader Resources
- Online Registration FAQ
- Operation Relaxation
- Recruitment Materials
- Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Start a Troop
- Volunteer Screening
- Who to Contact
Fall Festival 2013
Unfortunately, Fall Festival 2013 has been canceled due to the government shutdown and subsequent closure of the National Park land where we host the event. We would like to thank all the committee members and workshop leaders who have been planning this event since March and to the 140 participants who signed up to attend. We are all truly saddened by the cancellation of this event. Fall Festival 2014 will be held October 10-12.
Fall Festival is a weekend adult volunteer educational retreat held at the Whiskeytown NEED Camp, located 12 miles west of Redding. Attendees stay on site in one of 18 cabins at the NEED Camp in the beautiful surroundings of the Whiskeytown National Recreation Area and enjoy a weekend training retreat where you will make new friends, learn new skills and have a great time. Meals, lodging, and a choice of four training classes are included in a very low price. In addition to your classes, you will enjoy an evening of fun, games, SWAPS, campfire and more! Don’t miss out on this fun event.
What is FALL FESTIVAL? A Weekend Training Retreat for Adults!
Give yourself a break… grab your co-leader and come to camp for grown ups! During the weekend you will:
- Spend the day learning new skills to share with your girls.
- Sleep bunk style in heated cabins with other leaders.
- Eat family style. Three meals are provided.
- Share a campfire program, sing songs, play games, trade SWAPS, make crafts and meet new friends.
- Feel renewed in a beautiful relaxing setting. In your free time take a hike, watch the grazing deer or read a book by the beautiful creek.
Here are some of last year's comments:
- “I loved getting away from my hectic life and coming here to a beautiful location. Low expenses.”
- “Everyone was so nice. Everyone I passed Saturday morning said “good morning” Great 1st impression.”
- “I Loved the feeling of camaraderie… I left the retreat feeling truly inspired.”
- “The venue is breathtaking. I enjoyed the interaction with the leaders and staff from this area. Everyone was incredibly nice.”
- “I Learned macramé, shrinky dinks and made a box oven!”
- “I loved that we were all feeling nervous about meeting new people and bunking with them. We now have a better understanding of the girls being nervous about camp, etc.”
- “The meals were great and I enjoyed the feeling of being at CAMP, in cabins and campfire time... reminded me of my childhood.”