- Awards for Girls (Religious)
- Awards: Gold, Silver, Bronze
- CHOICES Activity Guide
- Councils Own
- Featured Events
- Girl Members of the Board of Directors Needed
- Girl Scout Play List
- Girl Scouts Speak Out
- Girl Voices Survey
- Internet Safety Pledge
- Lead the Way
- LMK - Life Online
- Logo Guidelines
- Person of Distinction Ambassadors
Girl Scout Gold Award
Welcome to the Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest honor a Girl Scout Senior or Ambassador can achieve. All of the information that you will need to start your Girl Scout Gold Award adventure is included in the links below.
- Gold Award proposals and final reports must be typed on official Girl Scouts of Northern California paperwork. Gold Award proposals and final reports written on paperwork from another council or from GSUSA will be returned to the applicant to be re-written on official Girl Scouts of Northern California paperwork.
- Since the publication of the Girl Scout Gold Award Guidelines from GSUSA, they have produced additional Senior and Ambassador level journeys. The completed new journeys are also acceptable as a portion of the preequisites for the Girl Scout Gold Award.
- Girl Scout Gold Award project are INDIVIDUAL project and are done for the benefit of the community OUTSIDE of Girl Scouting.
You may be interested in ways that you can be more environmentally friendly and also save money at the save time! Consider opening each packet and saving it on your computer for reading and future reference without printing the documents. If you must print, consider doing so with your printer setting on black and white and skipping the cover page.
If you began the Gold Award process prior to October 1, 2010 and used the previous or "old" Gold Award Preequisites, please use the proposal below. All current requirements apply toteh project regardless of the prerequisites used.
Gold Award Committee winter proposal deadlines for Greater Bay Area:
Please keep in mind that each Girl Scout Gold Award proposal must be completed with timeline and financial plan as well as the answers to the essay questions, signed by both the girl, her leader, and her advisor before it will be considered.
The committee meets throughout the year. The dates of the current deadlines for review are posted seasonally. When the last month posted below comes around, the next season will be posted. Please check back during that month for the next season dates.
All Girl Scout Gold Award proposals needing review by the committee (both Oakland and San Jose) during the Spring of 2013 must be submitted no later than the following dates:
- March 14, 2013
- April 11, 2013
- May 16, 2013
Girl Scout Gold Award proposals submitted after the above dates will be automatically put into the review for the following month. Note: We will be meeting and reviewing during the summer months.